Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: OT: Clutch pedal noise

  1. #1
    Inactive Member gsrteggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    check the master and slave cylinders for leaking.

    Also, your throw out bearing could be bad.

    I have seen both cause noise in my integra and my buddies.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 217gsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When I depress my clutch pedal, sometimes I can hear a squeaking that makes me think that something needs to be lubricated. Are there places I can lubricate to make this noise go away, or do you guys think that this noise is most likely coming from the springs on the clutch itself?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 217gsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Master and slave cylinder? Sorry, but where are those located?

    I was thinking that it might be the throwout bearing. That actually happened with my previous ACT clutch. Is that a common thing with aftermarket or just ACT clutches?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member gsrteggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    throwout bearing does go bad, or is neglected when clutches are put on by alot of shops.

    Master cylinder is up under the clutch pedal, if it is bad, black crap will be leaking from it and dripping on the carpet.

    Slave cylinder is ont he tranny, and usually doesnt go bad, but its possible I guess.

    More than likely it is the bearing or the master cylinder. Beyond that, I am clueless. I am not a mechanic.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member mgro's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2002
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 217gsr:
    When I depress my clutch pedal, sometimes I can hear a squeaking that makes me think that something needs to be lubricated. Are there places I can lubricate to make this noise go away, or do you guys think that this noise is most likely coming from the springs on the clutch itself?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    If you hear it DURING the depressing of the clutch, and NOT when the clutch pedal is stationary: I had the same problem. In my case the culprit was the pivot point of the cantilever mechanism that transfers the movement of the slave cylinder to the throwout bearing. You can get at it by removing the rubber housing of the slave cylinder. If you're not too flexible (like me) you have to use a mirror to peek into the bell casing. I applied a little lubricant from a spray can with an extender tube. Be careful not to spray the clutch itself...

    Mark.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 217gsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Mgro. . . your situation sounds like mine. I hear a squeek when I depress the clutch and sometimes when I let the clutch out, but never when the clutch is stationary.

    Can you tell me more about lubricating this cantilever mechanism? I don't even know where it is located.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member mgro's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2002
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by 217gsr:
    Hey Mgro. . . your situation sounds like mine. I hear a squeek when I depress the clutch and sometimes when I let the clutch out, but never when the clutch is stationary.

    Can you tell me more about lubricating this cantilever mechanism? I don't even know where it is located.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pop the hood, locate the tranny. On the front side of the tranny you'll see the clutch slave cylinder (its connected to a short metal pressure line). There's a rubber sleeve on the business end. I managed to push the rubber sleeve aside far enough to get in the bell housing. It a bit fiddly but it can be done without removing the slave cylinder. The idea is to grease up the parts that move when you're moving the pedal. No rocket science here!
    Hope that clears things up.

    Mark

  8. #8
    Inactive Member 217gsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Thanks Mgro! Any particular lubricant that I should or shouldn't use? I have WD-40 and white lithium grease to choose from.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member CivicR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 8th, 1999
    Posts
    901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wouldnt use WD-40 since you will wash away any grease it hits...try to use something with a thick consistency so it wont run all over the place

  10. #10
    Inactive Member 217gsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    White lithium grease it is!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •